You’re Welcome in Acworth
Acworth is a small town with a big heart — and a whole lot going on. Less than an hour away from Atlanta, Acworth is close enough to be convenient, but feels miles away from fast-paced city life. Here are just a few reasons why it’s the perfect place to stop by:
- Small-town charm. You’ll never meet a stranger in Acworth, where neighbors always give visitors a warm welcome. Enjoy this friendly and safe community, all in a picturesque and historic setting with Civil War-era architecture.
- Sophisticated dining. From Creole to comfort food and fine dining to family-friendly, Acworth has an array of diverse, delicious restaurants. And don’t forget the bars: historic downtown’s open container district means you can grab a cocktail or go-cup of wine to sip while you wander down Main Street before dinner.
- Eclectic shopping. On the hunt for something special, or even just window-shopping? Acworth’s one-of-a-kind boutiques and art galleries make it easy (and fun) to shop local, whether you’re searching for an antique treasure, a vinyl record, or a new outfit.
- Fun for the whole family. Parks, playgrounds, walking trails, a water slide — Acworth has plenty of fun to go around for kids and grown-ups alike. Don’t miss Cauble Park’s 25 acres of greenspace, picnic areas, and two playgrounds on the shores of Lake Acworth, or Dallas Landing Park’s inflatable waterslide on Lake Allatoona. And with a calendar chock-full of all-ages community events (like the annual Fourth of July concert and fireworks show), there’s almost always something for your family to celebrate.
- Not one, but two beautiful lakes. You don’t have to drive all the way to the coast for your next beach day. Peaceful, quiet Lake Acworth and its white sand beach is the perfect place for a relaxing afternoon with your family by the water — or on the water, for kayakers and paddle boarders. Looking for more adrenaline? Nearby, Lake Allatoona is a hotspot for power boating and water-skiing.