Cobb County is Atlanta’s Sweet Spot
Thrill-seekers, music lovers, outdoorsy types, foodies — no matter what your idea of a great time is, Cobb is Atlanta’s sweet spot. From world-class fine dining to class II rapids on the Chattahoochee, there’s something for everyone:
- For sports fans: Ready to do the tomahawk chop? Cheer on the Braves in their new Cobb home, SunTrust Park, a modern ballpark with a fan experience like no other. The fun doesn’t stop at home runs, either: root for the Atlanta Blaze professional lacrosse team or KSU college football!
- For foodies: From old-school classics like the Old Vinings Inn to award-winning farm to table at Marietta’s Spring, foodies have no shortage of options for a memorable meal in Cobb. The same goes for beer lovers, with craft breweries like Burnt Hickory, Red Hare, and Southern Sky making some of the South’s best suds.
- For culture lovers: There’s nothing quite like catching a concert at the Coca-Cola Roxy or the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre. History buffs, look no further than Marietta’s Gone with the Wind Museum, historic downtown Powder Springs, or Kennesaw’s Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History.
- For adventurers: Looking for a breath of fresh air? You’ll find that, and sweeping panoramic views, atop Kennesaw Mountain, the highest point in the metro area. If cycling is more your speed, the Silver Comet Trail is paved, scenic, and flat. Soak up some sun as you float your way down the Hooch. And if it’s adrenaline you’re after, look no further than Six Flags over Georgia, where iconic roller coasters like the Scream Machine give riders the thrill of a lifetime.
- For anyone who wants to unwind: When it comes to a more leisurely pace, Cobb County’s charming, historic small towns have it covered. Window-shop your way through quaint downtown Acworth, or take a stroll around the Marietta Square. Green-thumbs will enjoy Kennesaw’s Smith-Gilbert Gardens. Each of Cobb’s communities has its own character and its own vibe. And they can’t wait to welcome you.