Thrill-seekers. Music lovers. Outdoorsy types. Foodies. No matter what your idea of a great time is, you’ll find it in Cobb. This vibrant community is packed with activities for visitors of all ages and interests — just don’t forget your sense of adventure (or your appetite). Whether your idea of a good time includes a world-class fine dining restaurant, class II rapids on the Chattahoochee River, or unforgettable live music, there’s something for everyone:
- For sports fans: Ready to do the tomahawk chop? Cheer on the Atlanta Braves in their new Cobb home, Truist Park, a thoroughly modern ballpark with a classic feel, cutting-edge amenities, skyline views, and a fan experience like no other. (Not to mention concessions like H&F Burger and Waffle House.) The action doesn’t stop at home runs, either: root for the Atlanta Blaze professional lacrosse team and Kennesaw State University college football, too!
- For foodies: From old-school classics like the Old Vinings Inn to award-winning farm to table at Marietta’s Spring, foodies have no shortage of options for a memorable meal. The same goes for beer lovers, with craft breweries like Burnt Hickory, Red Hare, and Glover Park making some of the South’s best (and award-winning) small-batch suds. Cheers to that.
- For culture lovers: There’s nothing quite like catching a concert at the Coca-Cola Roxy, a legendary Atlanta music venue made new again at The Battery Atlanta, or at the world-class Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, where you might find everything from Broadway to the Beach Boys (plus resident companies Atlanta Opera and Atlanta Ballet). History buffs, look no further than Marietta’s Gone with the Wind Museum, downtown Powder Springs, or Kennesaw’s Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History for a step back in time.
- For adventurers: Looking for a breath of fresh air? You’ll find that, and sweeping panoramic views, atop Kennesaw Mountain, the highest point in the metro area. If cycling is more your speed, Cobb has over 166 miles of paved, scenic, trails. Soak up some sun as you float your way down the Hooch. And if it’s adrenaline you’re after, look no further than Six Flags over Georgia, where iconic roller coasters like the Scream Machine give riders the thrill of a lifetime.
- For anyone who wants to unwind: When it comes to a more leisurely pace, Cobb County’s charming, historic small towns have it covered. Window-shop your way through quaint downtown Acworth, or take a stroll around the historic Marietta Square. Green-thumbs will enjoy exploring Kennesaw’s Smith-Gilbert Gardens and its collection of more than 3,000 plant species. Each of Cobb’s communities has its own character and its own vibe. And they can’t wait to welcome you.