THE MUSEUM THAT MOVES YOU! THE N.C. TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM IS FILLED WITH IMMERSIVE EXHIBITS AND SPECIAL EVENTS!
WELCOME TO THE NORTH CAROLINA TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM
The museum will offer the Transportation Trail, an outdoor only walking tour of the museum’s 60-acre grounds, with some of our best exhibits on display, including steam and diesel locomotives, automotive and trucking exhibits, fire trucks, and more. The museum will be open from 9AM-5PM, Tuesday-Saturday and Sunday from noon-5PM. Restrooms will be sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
While all exhibit buildings will remain closed, these tours will be offered at a reduced rate per person, ages 3 and up. Ages 2 and under are free.
This walking tour and other new procedures will be in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors, including:
• Outdoor-only Transportation Trail tour featuring a one-way directional path through the museum grounds.
• Online/no contact ticket purchase.
• Drive-up booth ticket purchase for those who do not buy in advance.
• Hand sanitizer stations and increased frequency of cleaning high touch public areas and restrooms.
• Protective barriers at ticket sales and information desks.
• Our gift shop will be open with limited capacity.
Areas that remain closed include:
• All exhibit buildings will be closed.
• Children’s play area.
• Picnic shelters.
• Train and turntable rides will not be offered at this time.
To learn more and buy tickets, visit www.NCTrans.org.